Fraley's Dailytakes

This Blog will..I repeat WILL Officially Launch in January 2006.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Sex Offender Registry

The Wisconsin Department of Corrections has finally updated its database search program to include the street addresses of sex offenders.

But I have to wonder if some democrat fan of the TV show the Simpsons manages the site.

Look at these directions...

  • A last name is optional but may help narrow your search. You may enter a partial last name - for example, enter "Smi" as the last name to view a list of registrants with last names such as "Smith" or "Smithers".

  • If a name does not find the person you expect, try different versions of the name - for example, try "Thomson" instead of "Thompson".

In any event, it's a useful tool. Especially for families looking to buy a new house who are doing research about possible new neighborhoods. And a whopping 13 'registrants' are living in my zipcode...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good grief - I ran a search of my zip code and it turned up 74 people with 169 names. The page may be overloaded right now, but I'm getting a lot of errors on the links. The few that I've been able to look at were all freaks that had assulted kids. Unreal.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Calvin said…

    You think you have it bad....I've got 99 (with 200 names) in my zip code!!! Time to pack up and move I think.

    First visit to your site...nice Blog, Fraley!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even better
    http://www.mapsexoffenders.com/

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Roulette Games said…

    And as it to understand

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home