Fraley's Dailytakes

This Blog will..I repeat WILL Officially Launch in January 2006.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Good Grief

The list of questions submitted by the public in advance of Governor Doyle's sham dog and pony "Big Oil" hearing is the surest sign yet that we need more economics education in Wisconsin's high schools. LuAnn Pallister of Redgranite particularly wants to know:
...why, when I work for less than $10/hr, I'm being charged such high gas prices and your profits are through the roof. That tells me you are lining your pockets while I can't meet my monthly bills because of your gas prices rising constantly!

The fact that someone with such little understanding of the free market is able to make even nine dollars an hour is proof that this is indeed a land of opportunity. Good grief, LuAnn, it's not anyone's responsibility but yours to meet your monthly bills. It is, in fact, Mr. Big Oil executive's JOB to make a profit. As for pocket lining, Steve Bass does a fantastic job eviscerating this notion and Doyle's scam here. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home