Fraley's Dailytakes

This Blog will..I repeat WILL Officially Launch in January 2006.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Flippin Roads

I've lived in Wisconsin all my life, save for stints in DC (each about a year long).

It snows in Wisconsin.

Frequently.

The roads tonight in Milwaukee County were abysmal. We've only received 4 inches of snow so far, and it started snowing more than 8 hours ago.

Yet the Interstates were unbelievably trecherous. On ramps unsalted, un plowed. Mile long lengths of 894 hadn't seen a plow or salt truck in hours.

I traveled from Cudahy to Wauwatosa and the only plow I saw was a Wauwatosa municipal truck as soon as I exited Highway 45. The mayor may have a hugging problem, but at least the city administrator here knows when to send out the plows.

I was cautious and took my time, more than doubling the normal drive time. I'm not complaining about the delay...it's winter, things like this happen. But I can't believe the city and county of Milwaukee dropped the ball so miserably. Seriously, 4 inches in 8 hours and you can't even keep one lane clear on major thouroughfares?

This could be a snowy winter. How the state's largest metropolitain area handled the first minor snow fall is not encouraging...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Calvin said…

    I drove from Madison to Milwaukee in this mess and I didn't see much difference in any of the counties along the way, with the exception of Madison (Dane County)...it was far worse than what I experienced in Milwaukee County.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home